Omnes Sancti et Sanctæ Coreæ, orate pro nobis.

Now Blogging Afresh at Ad Orientem 西儒 - The Western Confucian



Friday, December 12, 2003

Our Lady of Guadalupe

Today is the Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe, the Empress of the Americas, which is not on the calender here in Korea, but nonetheless a date I like to remember. I twice visited the Basilicas of Guadalupe, first in 1991 while backpacking and again in 2000 on my honeymoon, both times before I was a Catholic. I like to think that the Virgin of Guadalupe had something to do with my coming into the Catholic Church.

Prayer for the Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe:

God of power and mercy, you blessed the Americas at Tepeyac with the presence of the Virgin Mary of Guadalupe. May her prayers help all men and women to accept each other as brothers and sisters. Through your justice present in our hearts, may your peace reign in the world. We ask this through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.