Omnes Sancti et Sanctæ Coreæ, orate pro nobis.

Now Blogging Afresh at Ad Orientem 西儒 - The Western Confucian



Friday, March 12, 2004

Absolved!

If someone were to ask me which aspect of the Catholic Church I subjectively cherish most as a convert from Protestantism, my answer would be the Sacrament of Reconciliation. Objectively, my answer would have to be the Real Presence, but unfortunately I do not spend enough time meditating on that reality before and during mass. With Confession, however, the feeling of absolution is always present.

The folowing guide, How To Go To Confession, is an excellent resource that provides the procedure of the sacrament, tips on how to make a good confession, and an examination of conscience that clearly differentiates between mortal and venial sins, something very useful for those who, like me, are burdoned by scrupulosity.