Omnes Sancti et Sanctæ Coreæ, orate pro nobis.

Now Blogging Afresh at Ad Orientem 西儒 - The Western Confucian



Friday, April 09, 2004

A Poem
    A Prayer on Good Friday

    Grant me today
    that I may call upon you
    with the deepest and lowest voice.

    May I weep over the darkness
    embedded within Mary's griving heart,
    encountering your unavoidable departure
    for the sake of even more souls.

    May I also prostrate myself before you
    in deep humility
    just as Peter bitterly wailed
    over his betrayal.

    O Lord of love,
    You overpowered death
    by drinking the bitter cup of death.

    May I not boast of imprudent love
    without imitating you.

    May I be a somber point in the darkness
    lying within the stone tomb today
    together with those deeply despairing souls
    who loved you so deeply

    May I be a bright point in the darkness
    for having fallen asleep with you,
    I shall awaken with you
    O Lord of light.


    by Sister Claudia Haein Lee