Omnes Sancti et Sanctæ Coreæ, orate pro nobis.

Now Blogging Afresh at Ad Orientem 西儒 - The Western Confucian



Friday, July 23, 2004

Illegal Immigration

El Camino Real has a post with the above title (unable to premalink due to Korean blog blockade). He pretty much sums up my view of illegal immigration. Illegal immigration just doesn't really worry me that much, especially since most of these immigrants are Catholics and I'd like to see the Catholicization of the US.

Illegal immigration is one issue on which I diverge from the Buchananites. I am uncomfortable with illegal immigration, however, because it provides America with a readily expoitable labor force, at the expense of the American and (legal) immigrant poor, who by virute of their citizenship or legal status would be entitled to a minimum wage and other benefits.