Omnes Sancti et Sanctæ Coreæ, orate pro nobis.

Now Blogging Afresh at Ad Orientem 西儒 - The Western Confucian



Saturday, September 11, 2004

Anglican Blues

Re: Anglicans Await Report On Possible Sanctions Over US Gay Bishop

I feel no Schadenfreude over the troubles in the Anglican Communion. I spent six years worshipping with Anglicans, and although never becoming a member, I have a great deal of respect for their Communion. From Anglicans I learned the value of the Liturgy I had grown up with as a Missouri-Synod Lutheran and once I learned of Anglo-Catholicism, I was a goner; in about two years from that moment I would be received into the Catholic Church. For me, the Anglican Church was a personal via media which ran not between Protestantism and Catholicism, but from Protestantism to Catholicism. Therefore, seeing the division caused by the arrogance of the American Episcopal Church causes me great pain, while, at the same time, the stand for "biblical orthodoxy" of Anglicans in Africa, Asia, and Latin America gives me cause for great hope.