Omnes Sancti et Sanctæ Coreæ, orate pro nobis.

Now Blogging Afresh at Ad Orientem 西儒 - The Western Confucian



Friday, October 29, 2004

Today's DVD Purchases

At the recently opened Walmart in Pohang, I bought some DVD's today. They were sold for 5,900 won (US$5.26) a pair! Here's what I bought:

The Ox-Bow Incident (1943), starring Henry Fonda and Anthony Quinn
I saw this film noire western several years ago on PBS and remember it as being one of the most chilling films I have ever seen.

Red River (1948), starring John Wayne and Montgomery Clift
What more need be said?

Alexander the Great (1956), starring Richard Burton
I've never seen this movie, but I love epics, historical dramas, and biopics.

Oedipus Rex (1967), directed by Pier Paolo Pasolini
I don't know much about this movie, but was very impressed by the homosexual Marxist director's Il Vangelo secondo Matteo (1968), which served as one of the inspirations of Mel Gibson's The Passion of the Christ (2004).

The Bells of St. Mary's (1945), starring Bing Crosby and Ingrid Bergman
This movie looks very Catholic. Bing Crosby is one of my favorite singers and Ingrid Bergman one of my favorite actresses.

The Song of Bernadette (1943), directed by Henry King
I already own this story of Saint Bernadette of Lourdes, one of the most moving and religious movies I've ever seen. So, in celebration of this blog's 10,000th visitor since I started keeping track in March, I'll send this DVD to the first person who posts a comment, from anywhere in the world; it's region-free. Just give me your email, and I can get your address that way.