Omnes Sancti et Sanctæ Coreæ, orate pro nobis.

Now Blogging Afresh at Ad Orientem 西儒 - The Western Confucian



Sunday, November 21, 2004

Fifth Columnist Jihadi Rappers

Here are some sample lyrics quoted in Jihadi Rap:
    “Dirty Kuffar*” by Sheikh Terra and the Soul Salah Crew
    The Ronald Reagan was a dirty kuffar
    The Mr. Tony Blair is a dirty kuffar
    The one Mr. Bush is a dirty kuffar …
    Throw them in the fire

    *the Arabic term for non-believers

    Untitled by Mujahideen Team
    There is only one way to come home from a war zone
    With your enemy’s head or without your own
    And if I die in war I’ll die as a martyr
    Tell my little sons not to cry for their father
    Tell them my last words I pronounce dah shahada*
    Tell ’em I squeezed the trigger ’til I met death with honor

    *the Islamic profession of faith, translated into English as "There is no god but God, and Muhammad is His prophet"

    “Revolution” by Sons of Hagar
    The revolution’s gonna shine
    Shine its light on Palestine
    Armageddon round the corner kid I’m cockin’ my nine
    Israelis fightin’ coz they think it’s theirs
    I'm fightin' coz I know it's mine
    I’mma kill Sharon, that devil’s mine

The groups above are not from the Middle East, but from the United Kingdom or the United States: Sheikh Terra and the Soul Salah Crew are British; Mujahideen Team consists of Puerto Rican (¡Dios Mio Santíssimo!) converts to Islam from Boston and Brooklyn; Sons of Hagar are based in Des Moines, Washington.

[link via Nosce Te Ipsvm]