Omnes Sancti et Sanctæ Coreæ, orate pro nobis.

Now Blogging Afresh at Ad Orientem 西儒 - The Western Confucian



Monday, December 20, 2004

My New Suit

My wife bought me a new suit for Christmas. One of my old suits developed a hole a few days ago. My father-in-law suggested a store named Cambridge Members, which he had heard offered high quaility off-the-rack suits at an affordable price. My sister-in-law, who seems to know a lot about these things, seconded her father's opinion.

Boy, were they right! It was by far the best suit-buying experience that I have had thus far in Korea (I've bought at least six suits here). The store was not staffed by clueless shop-girls or moussed-up pretty-boys, but by middle-aged gentlemen who knew their business. I've always been impressed by people who know their profession and carry it out well.

(One of the things I love about Korea is that it is still normal to wear a suit. No one asks you, "Got a job interview?" or "Who died?")

Cambridge Members is a chain with branches throughout Korea. It was founded in Seoul in 1966. They are currently having a 70% sale. I highly recommend the store to anyone living in Korea in need of a suit.

Here's a very useful LewRockwell.com article: How To Dress Like a Man. [Note: I'm very lucky in the shoe department: my brother-in-law is an ex-ROK Marine who gets me free marine dress shoes!]

And no, I was not paid by Cambridge Members for this post. It is a public service announcement, encouraging readers in Korea to, in the words of the author of the above article, "do [their] part to save civilization."