Omnes Sancti et Sanctæ Coreæ, orate pro nobis.

Now Blogging Afresh at Ad Orientem 西儒 - The Western Confucian



Saturday, December 25, 2004

Our Christmas

Hyunae, Joy and I had a nice Christmas. Joy woke us up at 8:00. We gave her some milk and then started opening presents.

I wanted to watch the Midnight Mass from St. Peter's Cathedral, a tradition my non-Catholic father passed on to me, but at the time of the Mass, CNN was showing some thinly-veiled attack on Christian orthodoxy in the form of a "documentary" about the Blessed Virgin Mary ("A 1st Century feminist?") and Saint Mary Magdalene ("The wife of Jesus?"). [In the past, the enemies of Holy Mother Church sought to "prove" that Christ and the Saints of the New Testament never existed. Now that that tactic has failed miserably, they are seeking to demonstrate that Our Lord and the Saints were not whom they've been known to be for 2000 years. This tactic, too, will fail.] I did get to see part of the Midnight Mass on South Korea's YTN news network.

Due to Joy's sleeping and eating schedule, we were not able to attend the 10:30 Mass and instead went to the 5:00 Mass. We spent the time before that playing with Joy and her new toys and listening to Christmas music. After Mass, we were going to go out for Chinese, a Christmas tradition my parents started when I was a kid. Instead, we ordered Chinese food for delivery.