Omnes Sancti et Sanctæ Coreæ, orate pro nobis.

Now Blogging Afresh at Ad Orientem 西儒 - The Western Confucian



Thursday, February 03, 2005

Santificarnos and My Upcoming Lenten Silence

I was recently invited to become a member of Santificarnos, an excellent bilingual (English/Spanish) portal site dedicated to all things Catholic. I readily accepted the offer.

I'll be contributing news of Catholic interest from Asia, as I did with my first post: Unofficial Yantai Bishop Gao confirmed dead.

I'll continue to post important news stories there during the Lenten silence* (February 9th to March 27th) that I have planned for this blog. Let's face it, a lot of what I post here is about me. It is, after all, a personal blog, a digital soapbox. Lent, however, is about self-denial and reflection, things that are better done in private. Also, with my parents coming to visit and a new child on the way, I'll be pretty busy with family commitments.

Thus, the chance to blog at Santificarnos comes at an opportune time. As a part of a team, I will be able post hard news stories and offer comments only for clarification, not pontification as I do here.

* This idea, like so many other excellent ones, comes from Jeff Culbreath of El Camino Real.