Omnes Sancti et Sanctæ Coreæ, orate pro nobis.

Now Blogging Afresh at Ad Orientem 西儒 - The Western Confucian



Sunday, April 24, 2005

Our German Shepherd

Viva il Papa!



Pope Benedict XVI


Bishop of Rome, Vicar of Jesus Christ, Successor of the Prince of the Apostles, Supreme Pontiff of the Universal Church, Patriarch of the West, Primate of Italy, Archbishop and Metropolitan of the Roman Province, Sovereign of the State of the Vatican City, Servant of the Servants of God


Shortly, His Holiness Pope Benedict XVI will be formally installed. In the meantime, I will be listening to Abba Pater, in remembrance of our beloved Pope John Paul the Great (eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord; and let perpetual light shine upon him).

For days, I have been walking around wild-eyed, drinking German beer, pumping my fist like some soccer hooligan while chanting, "TU - ES - PETRUS!"

What a joy it was to hear the name "Benedict" in the prayer at Mass! It seems almost impossible. If I were not already convinced, I might say, "There is a God."

I can take down the congratulatory banner I had placed at the top of this blog, placing now at the top of this post for the sake of posterity.

I pray it will be many, many years that Pope Benedict XVI will be our shepherd.