Omnes Sancti et Sanctæ Coreæ, orate pro nobis.

Now Blogging Afresh at Ad Orientem 西儒 - The Western Confucian



Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Back from Incheon
My family and I returned safely from our trip to Incheon. Here is a brief round-up of the major goings-on:

The purpose of the trip was to attend the celebration of my grandmother-in-law's 95th birthday. Her birthday party has become one of my favorite annual events. Not only do I get to be in the company of someone sixty years older than myself, but I have the chance to enjoy the familial atmosphere with my wife's many aunts, uncles, and cousins.

I had the opportunity to meet face-to-face with one of this blog's best commenters, the "philo-Catholic" Adam Goldsmith, who took time away from his lovely wife and wonderful son to meet me. It was a pleasure to meet someone who has been in Korea longer than I have, and it is always good to discuss politics with true conservatives, always open-minded and tolerant of a diversity of opinion and a variety in life.

Finally, I experienced the heavenly Divine Liturgy at ST. PAUL ORTHODOX CHURCH. My guide was none other than Jason Choi of Musings of an orthodox Korean Catholic... Without his help, I would have been at a complete loss. On his blog, he says that some of the parishioners were off-key. That was probably me, trying to sing a new liturgy in Korean. I also had some time (much too little) to share with Jason afterwards and learn about his many exciting endeavors.

The Liturgy was so beautiful, that had there been an Orthodox church nearby three years ago when I finally decided to leave Protestantism, I would have likely swum the Bosporus and not the Tiber. Now, I would never give up communion with Rome, but I will pray all more for the unity of East and West.