Omnes Sancti et Sanctæ Coreæ, orate pro nobis.

Now Blogging Afresh at Ad Orientem 西儒 - The Western Confucian



Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Lucid Dreams
Jimmy Akin takes on an interesting question in this post: Sinful Activity In Lucid Dreams?

As a teenager, I trained myself to dream lucidly after reading an article in Omni magazine. The technique involved asking yourself during your waking hours if you were dreaming. You'd look at something, a clock for example, then after looking away, check if it was still a clock. It it was, you could be assured that you were not dreaming.

Doing this several times a day, it becomes a habit that is carried over into dreaming. Then, when you look at a tree, look away, and look back to notice the tree is now your third-grade math teacher, you know you're dreaming.

After a few nights, I became aware that I was dreaming, and did what the article suggested: I flew around in my dream body. When I felt I was waking up from the dream, I also did what the article suggested: I spun around in my dream body. The dream continued.

I realized very quickly what an utter waste of time all this was, and decided to sleep through the night and spend more time focusing on reality.