Omnes Sancti et Sanctæ Coreæ, orate pro nobis.

Now Blogging Afresh at Ad Orientem 西儒 - The Western Confucian



Friday, October 14, 2005

Politics
Jeff Culbreath is "done with the Republicans" and says it's TIME FOR A NEW CONSERVATIVE PARTY. A lively discussion has begun.

I am not now nor have I ever been a member of the Republican Party. My Mississippi grandmother raised me to hate the Republicans, so much so that I challenged my elementary school teacher when we were taught that Lincoln* was a member of that party. I was an Independent at first. Then a friend convinced me that if I registered Democrat I could vote for Jerry Brown, yes, Jerry Brown, in the 1992 primary. I became an Independent again and supported the Constitition Party's candidate in the last election as a protest vote. I suggest reforming this last party, rather than forming a new one.

*I have since learned to reject the indoctrination we were subjected to about "Honest Abe." See the King Lincoln Archive.