Omnes Sancti et Sanctæ Coreæ, orate pro nobis.

Now Blogging Afresh at Ad Orientem 西儒 - The Western Confucian



Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Vatican News
With the only complaints about the late Holy Father from the folks in the wing of the Church where I sit being that he was too Leftist, it is often easy to forget that the much of the world sees him as a rabid Rightist: Dissident theologians call upon Catholics to oppose canonization for late pontiff. I agree with what I read on some Right-wing source that if Pope John Paul II was a liberal, he was the best kind of liberal: a Classical Liberal.

This looks like good news: Analyst says Pope to propose new reading of Vatican Council. I've been meaning to read the VATICAN II DOCUMENTS, and, not having done so as of yet, I am not qualified to comment on the Council. My impression is that those on the Left, acting "in the spirit" of the Council, have distorted its teachings, if there even were any, and folks on the Right have often responded not to the Council itself, but to said distortion thereof.