Omnes Sancti et Sanctæ Coreæ, orate pro nobis.

Now Blogging Afresh at Ad Orientem 西儒 - The Western Confucian



Thursday, March 16, 2006

Carlie Brucia, Requiescat in Pace
I won't be holding a candlelight vigil or shedding any tears over this: Fla. Girl's Killer Gets Death Sentence.

Christian charity, however, compels us to at least offer a prayer for the soul of Miss Brucia's killer, especially if this act of contrition the article reports is genuine:
    I take responsibility of my crimes. I don't understand how this could have happened. ... Every day I think about what I did and beg God for forgiveness.
His use of the active rather than the passive voice in the second sentence can be charitably considered as symptomatic of our times, but the first and last sentences might bode well for his soul.