Omnes Sancti et Sanctæ Coreæ, orate pro nobis.

Now Blogging Afresh at Ad Orientem 西儒 - The Western Confucian



Thursday, April 06, 2006

Clash of the Paleos at Wal*Mart
Paleolibertarian and Paleoconservative ideas go head to head in the comments to this post, while "crunchy cons" get crushed in the battle: Real Christians, It Seems, Shop at Wal-Mart . . .

I get ideas from both paleocons and paleolibs. I also reject certain ideas put forth by both. In the meantime, I agree with what one commenter to the above said about "the idea Dr. Fleming expressed of agreeing to disagree until the government is reduced around 90 percent, then get[ting] down to the nitty gritty."

Patrick, a commenter to this blog two posts below, describes himself as a "subsidiaritarian," the best neologism I've heard in a long while and something I can agree with wholeheartedly.

I confess to being a Wal*Mart shopper. It's the only place in Pohang were I can get certain foods. Still, I'm not a happy shopper, and side largely with the paleocons in the above argument, agreeing with the commenter who said, "Wal Mart is to small town America what the Turks were to Byzantium."