Omnes Sancti et Sanctæ Coreæ, orate pro nobis.

Now Blogging Afresh at Ad Orientem 西儒 - The Western Confucian



Saturday, April 29, 2006

A Trip to a Korean Spa [Oncheon 温泉]
The Snyders of Pohang took a two-hour drive up Korea's ruggedly beautiful east coast to visit a spa (덕구온천관광호텔) yesterday:
It was a Friday, and as the spa is located in a rather remote coastal mountain area of my province, we had the pools and the vistas of the forrested hills outside to ourselves almost the whole time. The kids absolutely loved it, and so did their parents. We'll go back as soon as we can.

This was my second visit to a Korean spa in almost a decade of living here. The first time was six days ago. What a fool I have been for missing out on one of Korea's most enjoyable and family-friendly cultural activities! [The other I enjoy most is Korean Alpinism.]

Here's an image of the spa we visited last week (스파비스) taken from a US Military magazine's introducton to Korean spa culture entitled Korean waters offer therapeutic options:
I've already visited most of Korea's famous Buddhist temples; I foresee a tour of Korea's famous spas next.